Boost Your Workout Goals With Our Pre and Post Workout Snacks
Did you know your body builds muscle and recovers 24 hours a day, not just during workout? Yep. It is the time your body can take all the hard work you did in your favourite gym class and turn it into a stronger and fitter you! For you to get the best results from your workout, pre and post workout snacks are a great way to fuel your body to support muscle repair and to help you get the best out of your fitness regime!
We have rounded up our four favourite snacks using Vida Glows delicious beauty powders so you can have pre or post workout which are not only tasty but contain active ingredients to ensure your training is as effective as possible!
Chocolate Banana Cinnamon Balls
Bananas are great at increasing your efficiency and acting as a stimulator pre-workout. Plus, they help to restore the glycogen break down in your muscles after working out!
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 10 large)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 x scoop Vida Glow Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 x scoop Vida Glow Beauty Balance
- 1/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
Place all ingredients in a food processor and whirl until the mixture starts to pull together. Roll into balls and dust with any left over raw cacao. Store in a tight sealed container in the fridge for 4 hours and then serve.
Coconut Fig Slice
Full of magnesium and fibre, figs are a great post snack to help loosen tight muscles and help build muscles from your workout.
Walnut Fig Base
- ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- ½ cup dried figs
- ½ cup medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ tbsp water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Vanilla Coconut Cashew Cream
- ½ cup cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ scoop of Vida Glow Vanilla Beauty Protein
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 scoop of Vida Glow Blueberry Marine Collagen
- Fresh fig slices to decorate
- For the base, add all ingredients into a food processor, blend until the mixture sticks together when pressed between the fingers.
- Line a baking tray with cling film.
- Pour walnut mixture into tin and carefully press firmly using the back of a spatula until base is completely flat and even.
- Put into the freezer to set, whilst you make the vanilla coconut cashew cream.
- For the coconut cream, add cashews to a food processor and process for a few minutes.
- With the food processor still running, slowly add the coconut milk, collagen, maple syrup and vanilla essence
- Keep processing until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add desiccated coconut and blend to combine.
- Take your walnut fig base out of the freezer and fill with the coconut cashew cream layer.
- Put back into the freezer for 2 hours to set. Keep in freezer until you are ready to eat (allow 15 mins for coconut cream to soften)
- Decorate with fresh figs, slice carefully with a sharp knife and enjoy this delightful treat with your family and friends
Overnight oats are full of fibre and carbohydrates to help restore the glucose and glycogen stores you use from sleep and during your workout.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1/2 -3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or water
- 1 Scoop Vida Glow Vanilla Beauty Protein
- 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Toppings: berries, sliced almonds, almond butter or your favourite fruits (for topping)
Combine all ingredients except the toppings into a bowl and mix. Transfer into a tupperware container, seal the lid and place in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, take out of the fridge and place into a bowl (you may need to add more milk to your desired consistency) Top with your favourite fruit toppings of your choice and enjoy.
Vanilla Chocolate Protein Shake
Full of 5 essential plant-based proteins, this shake is a staple in your workout routine to build lean muscle, increase your energy during workouts and as a bonus leave you with glowing, beautiful skin!
- 1 cup plant based milk (we have use almond milk)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop Vida Glow Chocolate protein powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add ingredients into a blender and mix for 20 seconds.
Pour into a glass and enjoy.